Maytex Business Services adopts a rigorous selection process ensuring only those that are totally committed to exceeding our high ethical standard become appointed suppliers.
We recognize and honor our duty to protect the workforce used in the manufacture of Maytex B.S. Each appointed manufacturers must conform to the following terms as a minimum requirement:
• Children must not be employed below the legal minimum age required by the law of the individual country,
• Employees are to be paid no less than the legal minimum wage as required by the law of the individual country,
• Working hours must not exceed those set out by local legislation and over time must be voluntary,
• Maternity leave must be made available to all female employees,
• Good working conditions must prevail. The provision of adequate wash room facilities and a canteen are essential,
• Primary medical care must be provided on site to ensure continued compliance, manufacturers are frequently inspected and reported upon by local independent agents.
As a further safeguard, Maytex B.S. senior management regularly makes unannounced inspections.
Maytex B.S. is also dedicated to protecting the environment and purposely seeks out suppliers who take positive action to minimize both waste and the impact of their manufacturing processes on the surrounding environment.